Company: Barber-Nichols Inc
Address: 6325 W. 55th Ave
Arvada, CO 80002
TO APPLY: http://www.barber-nichols.com/careers
Job Title: Contracts & Export Compliance Specialist
About Barber-Nichols Inc.: Barber-Nichols Inc. (BNI) is a leading provider of custom turbomachinery for the defense, aerospace and energy industries. This is a unique place. Our company is made up of people that are at the top of their game. And we are working with customers who are at the top of their game. Together, we help our customers revolutionize their markets and build amazing relationships with them in the process.
BNI offers competitive salary, a stable work environment, and an outstanding benefits package including employer paid medical, dental and short-term disability insurance for employees, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, paid time off, holiday pay and more. If you are seeking to work in a “get-it-done” atmosphere with an exceptional team of talented engineers, machinists and technicians who make a difference in our world, that supports your development, and recognizes your achievements, BNI is the place for you.
Position Description: The Contracts & Export Compliance Specialist leads Barber-Nichols’ contract review procedure and export compliance program ensuring stakeholders understand the customer’s technical, contractual, and regulatory requirements and compliance with U.S. export law including Commerce, State, and Treasury Department regulations. Responsible for entering customer orders into the ERP system and establishing initial project configuration for order fulfillment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties of a Contract Specialist including the following:
Enter customer orders into the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Circulate contract documents to internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Create and maintain contract and order documentation.
- Perform company employee training as required.
- Interface with internal and external auditors to ensure the company is in compliance with its contract review procedures.
- Support the order forecasting effort via published reports.
- Perform duties of an Export Compliance Specialist including the following:
- Responsible for being the company resource for export compliance questions.
- Own the company’s Export Management & Compliance Program (EMCP).
- Classify commodities, screen customers, and apply for export licenses.
- Assist project managers and shipping/receiving personnel with import/export documentation.
- Work with freight forwarders and shipping companies to ensure commodities being imported/exported are done so in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform regular company export compliance trainings.
- Interface with internal and external auditors to ensure the company is in compliance with its Export Management & Compliance Program (EMCP).
- Responsible for being the primary point of contact for Commerce and State Department inquiries.
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess the knowledge, training, experience and abilities required.
Education and Training:
Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of Contract Administration experience.
- Five years of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) experience.
- Five years of Export Administration Regulations (EAR) experience.
- Proficiency with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs).
- Proficiency with Incoterms, Customs Clearance, the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, & Import/Export Documentation.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required.
Desired Job Qualification:
- Familiarity with an AS9100 & ISO9001 Quality Management System
- Familiarity with Turbomachinery & Electromechanical Power Systems
- Familiarity with FileMaker
- Familiarity with Epicor’s Vantage ERP System
How to Apply:
Visit us at http://www.barber-nichols.com/careers for more information and to apply for the position.
Barber-Nichols Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.